Today I am continuing my series of Friday Thanksgivings I began earlier this month as a way of celebrating Thanksgiving all month. I am not sure if these will continue weekly next week, or if I will leave them as a practice for November. What do you think?
In the mean time, with Thanksgiving being this past Thursday, here are some more things I am thankful for:
1) I am thankful for family. For those gathered together with us this weekend and those far away. For those still living and serving, and those who are dearly departed. I am thankful for grandparents, great aunts and great uncles. I am thankful for aunts, uncles and cousins. I am thankful for in-laws. I am thankful for my brother, sister, mom and dad. I am thankful for my partner, co-conspiritor and collaborator in life, love, ministry and all of the adventures that all of these bring.
2) I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration (that continues today) among family gathered with lots of beautiful snow outside on the ground. The meals have been wonderful, the fellowship and conversation a joy. And, the warmth of hearts and home un-matchable.
3) I am thankful for some of my family’s favorite recipes that we have used this year- especially my mom’s creamed corn, and my Grandma S.’ Pumpkin Chiffon pie.
4) I am thankful for each one of you who read, share, and are part of the conversation. I love hearing from you and thinking, imagining and wondering together with you.
5) I am thankful that I have so many wonderful co-workers and collaborators in ministry. I am thankful for my co-workers, including: Allison, Beth, Chris, Chris, Cindi, Diane, Fred, Julia, Julie, Kris, Lynn, Marcia, Neil, Peggy, Tisa, and Vonda.
6) I am thankful for the gift of life each day, and for God who creates that gift. I am not always sure what the day is going to bring, but I am glad to have it and to feel like I have something to do and to help others and work alongside others in doing work that matters and positively contributes to the needs of the world in some way.
What are you thankful for? What do you feel like lifting up in thanksgiving today? And, what do you think about me continuing this series weekly on Fridays all year long?